Each Michigan FLL team may participate in one official Qualifying event.
A “home” event will be identified for each FLL team. A team must indicate three Qualifying events they are interested in attending. The three events a team indicates when they apply do not necessarily need to include their home event. (Please reference the priority for placement in events, below, for additional information about “home” events.) The Michigan FLL Team List, with “home” events may be found here. This list will be updated 2-3 times per week.
It is recommended that teams verify their team number, coach, assistant coach, and purchaser (if applicable) information in TIMS, prior to beginning the event application process.
The event fee for FLL Qualifiers in Michigan is the same for every event. This year’s fee is $75 per team. The event fee is payable when the team checks in at the event.
Event Application Timing
- Event applications will open on Saturday, October 10, at 8:00 a.m.
- Event applications will close on Sunday, October 18, at 10:00 p.m.
- Event placement information will be posted here, after the application period has closed, and no later than Thursday, October 22, at 9:00 p.m.
Event Application Requirements
In order to apply for an FLL Qualifier, a team must meet the following requirements:
- The team must be registered and paid for the season.
- The team must have a registered coach and assistant coach, who have both completed the screening.
- The team must have a permanent team number (less than 201500000).
- The coach, or their delegate, must submit the event application. The delegate must be the assistant coach or purchaser for the team, as listed in TIMS.
- The team number, coach’s name, and coach’s email address, will be necessary to complete the application.
- The data to verify team number and coach’s or delegate’s information must match what is in TIMS.
- Data to confirm team eligibility and team contact information, as outlined above, will be pulled at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, October 9.
- The team must submit an application through this link. (The link will only be active during the application period.)
- Only one application will be accepted per team.
- The team must provide three unique choices for events, in priority order, when they apply. (Exception: Teams located in the UP need only provide two unique choices for events.)
Placement of Teams in Events
We will do our best to assign teams to their highest priority event, but in some cases this is not always possible. In some areas with a high concentration of teams, there are more “home” teams in a given area than there are places available at the “home” event. We will also work to balance attendance across the events.
Priority for placement in events will be given in the following order:
- Teams who meet all the Event Application Requirements listed above.
- Teams who choose their “home” event as their #1 pick.
- Rookie teams for their “home” event.
- The date and time the application is submitted.
Please address any questions about this process to email@example.com, and include “Event Application Process Question” in the Subject of the email.