As noted in MI FLL Team Blast 2016.06, each FIRST LEGO League team in Michigan may participate in one Qualifying event. Qualifying events will take place each Saturday, between November 5 and December 3. There will be no Qualifying events over the Thanksgiving weekend.
The Michigan FIRST LEGO League Event Application period will take place October 8 through 16.
Teams must apply for an event, in order to be assigned to an event. The Michigan FIRST LEGO League EventApplication will be via a Google Forms link. Each team must choose three different events, in order of preference. Please apply early to improve your chance of getting your preferred event. Events in areas with large concentrations of teams tend to fill up very quickly. We will do our best to place teams in their preferred event, but we cannot guarantee a particular event or date. Please consider that the teams at your event have had just as much time to work on the Challenge as you have. We cannot place everyone into a later event.
Michigan FIRST LEGO League Event Application Timing and Link
Event application will open on October 8, 2016 at 8:00 a.m.
Event application will close on October 16, 2016 at 10:00 p.m.
The Michigan FIRST LEGO League Event Application is through this Google Forms link:
The link will not begin accepting applications until 8:00 am. October 8, 2016.
Event Application Requirements
- It is recommended that teams verify their team number, coach, assistant coach, and purchaser (if applicable) information in the FIRST Registration System, prior to beginning the Michigan FIRST LEGO League Event Application, as we will use this information to verify a team application.
- The team must have a registered coach and assistant coach, who have both completed the screening.
- The team must be registered and paid for the season.
- The team must have a permanent team number (less than 201600000).
- The coach, or their delegate, must submit the event application. The delegate must be the assistant coach or purchaser for the team, as listed in the FIRST Registration System.
- The team number, coach’s name, and coach’s email address, will be necessary to complete the Michigan FIRST LEGO League Event Application. This is the information that will be provided to the Qualifying Tournament Director.
- Team’s whose Michigan FIRST LEGO League Event Application does not match what is in the FIRST Registration System will have their application put on hold, which may cause them to not receive their preferred event. The information in the FIRST Team Registration System must be accurate as of 8:00 p.m. on Friday, October 7.
- The team must submit an application through the Michigan FIRST LEGO League Event Application Google Forms link.
- Only one application will be accepted per team.
- The team must provide three unique choices for events, in priority order, when they apply. Teams who do not provide three unique choices for events will have their application put on hold, which may cause them to not receive their preferred event. (Exception: Teams located in the Upper Peninsula need only provide two unique choices for events.)
The team registration fee does not cover your event fee. Our event fee in Michigan is $75. Event registration fees are payable to the Qualifying event, and are usually paid when your team checks in on the day of the event. The Tournament Director of the event you are assigned to will provide you additional information on the payment process for your Qualifying event.
Some teams from each Qualifying event will subsequently be invited to attend a State Championship event. There is an additional $75 event fee for a State Championship event.
Michigan FIRST LEGO League Qualifying Event List
A summary of the Qualifying events is below. More event details may be found on the FIRST website.
Saturday, November 5
· Copper Country Qualifier – Houghton, MI
· Howell FLL Qualifier – Howell, MI
· Lego Fever II – Flint, MI
Saturday, November 12
· Michigan Science Center Regional Qualifier – Detroit, MI
· RoboCat Rumble – Oxford, MI
Saturday, November 19
· Downriver Robot Rescue – Allen Park, MI
· Grandville Robot Challenge – Grandville, MI
· Lancer-Bot-Mania – Stevensville, MI
· LEGO Mania – Zeeland, MI
· Mission Possible – Monroe, MI
· SharkFest – Troy, MI
· The Flying Toasters Rumble Crumble – South Lyon, MI
· ThunderQuest – Sterling Heights, MI
Saturday, December 3, 2016
· Armada Automation – Armada, MI
· Movin’ U.P. – Saulte Saint Marie, MI
· Nexteer Ready, Set, LEGO! – Freeland, MI
· Robo-Battle of the Minds – Grand Rapids, MI
As you prepare for your event, please review all 2016 Michigan FIRST LEGO League email blasts on the FIRST in Michigan website: http://michiganfll.blogspot.com/, for important information, including Judging at the events.
Please address any questions about this process to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “Michigan FIRST LEGO League Event Application Process Question” in the Subject of the email.
Michigan FIRST LEGO League Partner