22nd August 2013
The LEGO Group prides itself in delivering high quality products and regrets to inform customers of an issue related to the LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 rechargeable battery.
LEGO Education has identified a circuit error in the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 rechargeable battery.
The error does not in any way relate to, or impact the EV3 programmable brick or the charger/transformer. The majority of the batteries that have been distributed do not have this error, but every battery in stock is now being retested to ensure it charges properly before shipping to customers, and new supplies are being sourced.
Customers who have received a rechargeable battery with this error will be provided a replacement free of charge.
What to do if you have purchased a LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3:
- When you receive your kit, the batteries will be at least partially charged and you may use them straight away.
- You will first discover the problem when you try to recharge the battery.
- As there is no indicator on the charger to show whether or not the battery is fully charged, you will not know if there is a fault until you put it back into your EV3 brick and try to use it.
- If at this point, it does not work, you should contact Customer Services at the LEGO Group to arrange for a replacement battery.
- Please be advised that you are able to use standard AA batteries in the meantime.
Please contact Customer Services as follows:
- United States: 1-866-349-5346. Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 5:30 pm CT
- Europe: Please email LEGOed@lego.com with details in English, German, Danish or French, or call 00-800-5346-5555. Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm GMT
- For all other markets please contact your local distributor or send an email to LEGOed@lego. com, providing details in English, German or French.
Customer Service staff will provide you with an address for return of your battery and arrange to have a new battery sent to you as soon as possible.
We apologize sincerely for the inconvenience to our customers and assure you that we are doing everything we can to solve this issue.
Yours Sincerely, LEGO Education
Jacob Kragh, President